Join Team Sunrise and combine your joy of fitness with your ability to fundraise! By joining Team Sunrise you will help to raise money for the world’s only full summer day camps for children with cancer and their siblings – provided to families 100% free of charge.
When you join Team Sunrise, you will achieve more than you ever thought possible.
No matter how you decide to move with us (run, bike, climb or swim), Team Sunrise is so much more than a race or activity! We are a community and together we will soar.
JOIN TEAM SUNRISE
This year, Sunrise Association’s Team Sunrise will be an official Charity Partner in the 2023 TCS New York City Marathon! Space is limited, and is accepted on a first come, first serve, basis.
The Marathon will take place on Sunday, November 5th and will run through all 5 boroughs for a total of 26.2 miles.
In order to run for Team Sunrise, please review the following:
- The minimum fundraising goal for each runner is $3,500.
- All funds are due by Sunday, October 22nd.
- Sunrise must receive and approve your signed contract in order to confirm each registration.
- Each runner will receive a customized fundraising page through Haku, a Sunrise singlet, and fundraising support from Sunrise staff throughout the year.
- Sunrise is unable to provide accommodations, travel, or training for the event.
- The final date to register is September 12th.
If you’re interested in running for Team Sunrise, please contact MaryKate Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631.560.0185
We are sold out for 2023!
However, you can still register for this year’s events if you are an athlete with your own race entry.
Click here to let us know you are interested in being a part of Team Sunrise.
JOIN ANOTHER EVENT OR CREATE YOUR OWN!
Let us know what races you like to see Team Sunrise have bibs for? Click here (form to complete).
In the meantime, Race So They Can Soar a Team Sunrise DIY option and a great way to support Sunrise Association.
How it works:
- You fundraise and pay registration fee for an endurance event you are already participating in or planning on participating in.
- You register for that endurance event on your own.
- You set a personal fundraising goal. There is no fundraising minimum for Race So They Can Soar.
- You make your own travel arrangements.
- Contact us and let us know what endurance event you are participating in.
- We provide you with fundraising tools:
- a personalize fundraising page
- tools to help easily solicit donations to meet your fundraising goals.
- receive a Team Sunrise
- Raise awareness of Sunrise’s mission to bring back the joys of childhood to families impacted by pediatric cancer